The hype was everywhere. For months, it was all gamers could talk about – the new Nintendo Switch.
What’s the big deal with the Nintendo Switch? What is it?
The Switch was designed so you could play your favorite video games whenever and wherever you wanted. Have an hour long commute on the bus? Kill time playing your favorite game with the switch.
This is how Nintendo advertises it: ‘Nintendo Switch is designed to go wherever you do, transforming from home console to portable system in a snap. So you get more time to play the games you love, however you like.’
The consoles can switch out and be placed around the portable mode (for use away from home), can be used to allow friends to meet up, enabling multi-player games, can be integrated into your gamer steering wheel, and can be used as as a hand-held to allow for interactivity and fun within your games.
The consoles are available at the MSRP $299.99
And what games can they be played with?
Most game shops are advertising the console as a bundle, consisting of the Switch and the Legend of Zelda.
What are the plus sides?
- The portable mode is pretty nifty.
- The portable mode UI has been designed well, integrating a colorful 1280 x 720 HD screen.
What are the drawbacks?
- Nintendo has confirmed that saved data cannot be transferred between devices.
- The portable mode’s battery life isn’t that great.
- Joy-Cons are small in size and can take some time to get used to.
- Limited internal memory and the portable mode depends on external SD cards.
Luxe Electronics is an independent distributor of electronic components. To learn more about the company, visit our website.
Luxe is always looking for new RFQ opportunities. We guarantee at least 15 percent off the retail price – often, the total savings are more than that. To see how much you can save, contact us for a free quote on your next component order.
Picture of Nintendo Switch from Wikipedia.